new members ...

mack strathdee

new members ...

Indlæg af mack strathdee » tors sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm

although I have had some assistance and encouragement - there is a theme ... hazing or cyber-bullying ... this occured twice on other forums by robust dealers ... it is sad when grown men act childishly ...

I use chrome browser to translate danish comments ... bear in mind - my bicolor interest - the 4ore - and the complexity of issues. please always be positive, not negative - and focus on what is presented.

advice to read Vol 1 , or study other values is impolite. I do not comment on others posts with such remarks.

the software here is better than most - allowing edits, but not deletion after comments. result, a buildup of irrelevant info.

perhaps the settings can be changed to allow a cleanup ?

/M.C.S.
Senest rettet af mack strathdee man sep 18, 2017 6:48 pm, rettet i alt 7 gange.

Thomas Løjmann
Geografisk sted: Avrillé, France
Kontakt:

Re: new members ...

Indlæg af Thomas Løjmann » tors sep 07, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Mack,

I'm sure nobody are doing cyber-bullying here. Be aware, that the danish language and tone might seems hard, especially when translating word by word.

Everyone are welcome here and everyone are happy to help. The bicolor stamps has a tough learning curve and starting out are tough, and all questions are welcome here.

To get help with stamps posted on the site, think that nobody else here can just look at a scan and say 'this i print X position Z'. It take time to plate stamps, and everyone in here will have thousands and thousands of stamps, they even haven't plated yet, since it is a time consuming task.
Those who demand help or support, should also try a little them self. Are we looking at a normal or inverted frame, can i see a frame matrice type, oval matrice type and/or oval flaw. What about the stamp (bro, number, star etc...), does it help us to narrow down the possibilities of prints... etc...

What helping tools do you have available when looking at bicolored stamps? Are you familiar with normal and inverted frames? How about the 5 frame main groups (HG1, 2, 3, 4 & 5)? what about the different frame matrice types (4A, 4B, 5A etc...)? Think also about the watermarks etc...
I know it is in Danish, but take a look at viewtopic.php?f=44&t=70. Tom and a few other did a great introduction folder to this area. I would recommend it to everyone new with this hobby.

I would recommend you to get started with 12ø and 16ø HG4, as they have some many oval- and frame-flaws. Forget about 4ø & 8ø HG5 for now, too difficult to begin with...

/Løjmann

mack strathdee

Indlæg af mack strathdee » tors sep 07, 2017 8:35 pm

only 1 current expert ... OPINIONS are just that . plate flaws often dismissed as "incidental" , not "constant" ...
I have read widely on bicolors, and continue to do so. over 65 years of philately - I have my own analytical tools and methodology .

thank you

/M.C.S. :D
Vedhæftede filer
Denmark EXPERTS.pdf
(255.17 KiB) Downloadet 401 gange
Senest rettet af mack strathdee fre sep 08, 2017 9:33 pm, rettet i alt 3 gange.

Brugeravatar
Tom Poulsen

Indlæg af Tom Poulsen » tors sep 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi Mack

What do you mean by the remark "only 1 current expert ..." and the reference to Lasse Nielsen in the pdf file?

mack strathdee

Indlæg af mack strathdee » tors sep 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Brugeravatar
Tom Poulsen

Indlæg af Tom Poulsen » tors sep 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi Mack

I'm sorry, but i asked you what you meant, not for an URL to a listing of stamp experts.

Please be so kind and answer my question

Best regards

Thomas Løjmann
Geografisk sted: Avrillé, France
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Thomas Løjmann » tors sep 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Mack, I was trying to let you understand that everyone could ask questions here, and then some input for how to get startet. It seems like you have already decided, that most of the members here on this forum won't be any good help for you.

I'll wish you all the best with the hobby going forward :)

/Løjmann

mack strathdee

Indlæg af mack strathdee » tors sep 07, 2017 9:51 pm

Tom, the post is clear... most on list are no longer active or alive ... the note is Koch's not mine

some "experts" in philately worked with forgers, and even issued fake certificates

mack strathdee

Indlæg af mack strathdee » tors sep 07, 2017 9:53 pm

link to shixin icard maker -

http://www.shixin-china.com/1350.html

Brian Johansen

Indlæg af Brian Johansen » fre sep 08, 2017 6:49 am

mack strathdee skrev:only 1 current expert ... OPINIONS are just that . plate flaws often dismissed as "incidental" , not "constant" ...
I have read widely on bicolors, and continue to do so. over 65 years of philately - I have my own analytical tools and methodology .

thank you

/M.C.S. :D
yes you're correct, there's only one "certified" expert, but quite a few people here are quite competent. What it takes is to be able to correctly place a stamp in a print/position and determine the condition.

quite a few here can do that, if they wanted to.

Besvar

Tilbage til "4 øre"