board settings ...

Brugeravatar
mack strathdee

board settings ...

Indlægaf mack strathdee » fre sep 08, 2017 10:29 pm

currently, I can edit and delete posts but not after a reply is made.

can the settings be changed to allow a periodic cleanup of posts that are irrelevant ?

Webredaktøren
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Re: board settings ...

Indlægaf Webredaktøren » fre sep 08, 2017 11:24 pm

mack strathdee skrev:currently, I can edit and delete posts but not after a reply is made.

can the settings be changed to allow a periodic cleanup of posts that are irrelevant ?

Hi Mack

The short answer is no. As soon as a post or a reply gets a reply the post og reply cannot be deleted. I believe it's made that way to avoid destroying the logical flow in the "conversation" - like in a spoken conversation, what is said is said.

I read an ealier post by you where you explain your intend to add posts and edit them along the way.
To some extend i can see your point - if the text/images has accidental errors. But i think its a risky approach to editing old post that has been replyed. That way the replies is in risk of getting out of context.

If you wish to have a post/thread deleted you must contact me here: http://phpbb.tofarvet.dk/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin
De bedste hilsner

Webredaktøren

Brian Johansen

Re: board settings ...

Indlægaf Brian Johansen » lør sep 09, 2017 8:22 am

you shouldn't delete posts at all, nor should you edit unless you've made obvious faults.

changes suggested by others should remain with their posts.

Tilbage til "IT"